Is this real life?

So. I'm pregnant. PREGNANT. What?! How did that happen?! I mean, I know how it happened but it's just so shocking! It doesn't feel real and I'm not really sure when it will. I took a pregnancy test yesterday fully expecting to see a "negative" staring back at me. So when I picked up that little plastic stick and read "positive," I almost fainted. No, really. All I could do was walk around the house, eyes wide, repeating phrases like "no way" or "oh my gosh" over and over. I think I really confused my animals :)

I met Vaughan after work and showed him these photos:



He didn't really have the completely shocked reaction that I had imagined, but he was definitely on the verge of tears when he said "Are you serious?? Really???" We both agreed to celebrate with mexican food and could hardly wait to share the news with the fam.

So here we are: little one on the way in our first year of marriage. Not really how we pictured our lives or starting a family, but we couldn't be more excited! So baby Thomas will be here in the Spring. There's so much to do, so many decisions to make.

CRAZINESS!!

Comments

  1. Congratulations! That's so awesome that you are documenting this journey in a blog. Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts