Prenatal Vitamins

First things first: make sure I'm getting my vitamins! As soon as I announced to our families that we were having a baby, the first (or maybe second) question on everyone's mind was "are you taking prenatal vitamins yet?!" I hadn't been too worried about taking them. I figured I have plenty of time to find a brand that was good and start taking vitamins. Besides, I was gonna start eating SOO healthy anyway! (Haha: cue morning sickness and food aversions. Now all I want is carbs!)

After a couple days of searching grocery stores for an affordable and healthy prenatal vitamin, I was disappointed to find that they all had some kind of chemical or dye that was less than desirable. So, I turned to my momma friend, Samantha, for the answer! Samantha is my go-to for anything natural or momma-related. She did a ton of research when she was pregnant instead of just accepting whatever the OB told her and has been a wonderful resource to me so far! It's a plus that she's my best friend and we talk about everything anyway :)

She recommended THESE vitamins that are sold on Amazon that are made from whole foods. They may not be the cheapest option, but I thought it was worth it to try something a little more natural and little less chemical-filled. I haven't really done any research to find other brands that may be cheaper or better because I wanted to go ahead and start getting the good stuff into my body, but I'm sure there are lots of other whole food based vitamins out there.

Do you have any brands that you swear by or have heard good things about? Let me know in the comments!

Happy Tuesday!
-Lauren

Comments

  1. You're so sweet to put so much confidence in me! I love this blog! What a wonderful idea. I'm staying tuned for sure. :) -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! These are the same prenatal vitamins that I am taking--good stuff!!

    XOXO,
    Rebecca
    www.DarlingCashmere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts