The Seventh Month

It is now 2016. How that happened, I'm not sure. Finn turned 7 months old on December 21st, I didn't get a chance to take his pictures until after Christmas and I'm finally getting around to writing this post now - in 2016. 

Finn has grown SO much this month. Like a crazy amount! He's crawling and eating solid food and saying "dada." It's pretty intense. Sometimes I look at him and think to myself, "where did my baby go?!" His hair is still growing and when I put him in little jeans, he seriously looks like a 3 year old. It's crazy and wonderful and bittersweet all at the same time. But I'm looking forward to this year: our first FULL calendar year together! I'm not sure why that matters, but it seems exciting to me! This is the year he'll turn 1 and this is the year he'll learn to walk (most likely. I guess it's possible he could wait until he's 19 months to walk, but I highly doubt it). This is the year Finn moves into his nursery (not sure when, but it'll be this year, promise) and this is the year we plan to go out of the country together. It's gonna be an incredible year, I can feel it. I know that sounds cheesy, but this New Year felt different. We went to bed early and I focused on realistic goals that had to do with health and money instead of "resolutions" that won't last. I'm just feeling really happy right now and I don't want to forget this feeling.

Dear sweet baby boy, 
Even on the (many) days that you don't want to nap, or you only want me even though everyone else wants to hold you, I LOVE being your momma. When you steal my glasses right off my face then flash me a sneaky smile, I want to just stay right there in that moment forever. When you look at me while you're nursing or when you burrow your little sleepy head into my neck, I could just melt. Even when you make your "pooping face" and I know something stinky is coming, I wouldn't pass it up for anything. The stinkiest of moments with you are better than a million fresh-smelling moments without you. Momma and Papa love you and we'll try to let you know how much every day but I'm not sure we could ever fully explain it to you. I hope you're silly like this for the rest of your life. 




Comments

Popular Posts